HBase >> mail # dev >> trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jon:
> Thanks for the headsup.
>
> Do you know that you can trigger hadoop QA to run test suite against hadoop
> 2.0 profile ?
>
> Take a look at:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12575537/7904-v9-hadoop-2.0.txt
>
> Hadoop QA depends on seeing the line below in patch:
>
> hadoop.profile=2.0
>
> Neat trick. We should document this!
> You also need some changes to the pom.xml files.
>
> I want to know your strategy w.r.t. re-verifying the fixes when 2.0.4-alpha
> comes out.
> 2.0.4-alpha RC0 was cut two days ago. RC1 should come by weekend.

Let's get our current hbase trunk on hadoop2 green most of the time first,
then change to the new version.  This way we'll know if it was changes to
hbase or changes to hadoop that cause any problems that may occur.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera