MapReduce >> mail # user >> MapReduce shuffle algorithm

RE: MapReduce shuffle algorithm
Thanks!  I will read the elephant book more thoroughly.
john

From: Bertrand Dechoux [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MapReduce shuffle algorithm

An introduction to the subject can be found in the best known reference :

Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, 3rd Edition
Storage and Analysis at Internet Scale
By Tom White<http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021773.do#tab_04>
Publisher: O'Reilly Media / Yahoo Press
Released: May 2012
Chapter 6 How MapReduce Works -> Shuffle and Sort -> around page 208
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021773.do

After reading this, you should have a good understanding of the architecture and know that indeed there is no "shuffle phase replication factor" (cf your question on another thread). For the technical details, the code is probably the next step.
Regards
Bertrand