HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase wire compatibility

+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-02-13, 19:01
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-13, 19:03
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-02-13, 21:02
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-13, 21:18
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-13, 21:23
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-02-13, 22:04
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-13, 22:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-02-13, 22:22
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-13, 22:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-02-13, 23:23
+
Stack 2012-02-14, 00:09
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-14, 00:15
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-02-14, 00:58
+
Stack 2012-02-14, 01:10
+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-02-14, 01:21
Re: HBase wire compatibility
I think it would be good to have a swat team for discussing the open issues
and planning.  In the interest of discussing this while it is fresh in
everyone's mind, how about setting up a swat team at Cloudera Palo Alto (210
Portage Avenue) soon?

How about either:
1) Thursday Feb 16th @ 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
2) Tuesday Feb 21st @ 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
(we can end early or go a little longer if necessary)

Can people who want to come indicate their availability?

Thanks,
Greg

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > It is a good idea to swat team it or hackathon.
> > >

> > Little code has been written at hackathons in the past so it would
> > need to have a bit of a different format.
> >
> > Or we just divvy up the work (I could do the migration of .META. and
> > -ROOT- to pb and of zk persistence to pb if wanted).
> >

> That's great!
>

> > > We'd like to start with phase 1 at first, then phase 2.
> > >
> > > The purpose is to reduce/eliminate the operation interruption.  We need
> > > start from somewhere.
> > >

> > Agree.
> >
> > Phase 2 seems just as bad as a disruption as phase 1 or am I reading
> > it wrong; i.e. its another singularity that can't be crossed w/o a
> > restart of all servers.
> >
> > I suppose I'm wondering if we think we can nail phase 1 and phase 2
> > within a single release cycle; then the two singularities are
> > experienced as one during a single upgrade.
> >

> Yes, if we can finish both in one release cycle.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy
>

> > St.Ack

+