Accumulo >> mail # user >> Intersecting & OR iterators

+
Corey Nolet 2012-08-30, 02:51
Re: Intersecting & OR iterators
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Corey Nolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been using the intersecting iterator to give me server side AND
> intersections with Accumulo 1.4.0 and I'm currently in the process of
> upgrading to Accumulo 1.4.1. I see the IntersectingIterator has been
> deprecated and the IndexedDocIterator has taken it's place.
No, the IntersectingIterator just moved to the
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user package.  It is still called the
IntersectingIterator, and its functionality hasn't changed.  The
FamilyIntersectingIterator has been renamed IndexedDocIterator and has also
moved to the user package.  The user package is intended to contain
iterators that users can choose to use, as opposed to system iterators that
are only for internal use by Accumulo.

Billie

> If I'm reading through the examples correctly- I see that the
> IndexedDocIterator is forcing a schema that assumes your doc contents can
> all be mashed together into one data structure in the value of the index
> row (in my case, I've got a bunch of key/value pairs as the contents). What
> if I need this contents to be separated so I can apply cell level
> visibility to the query? Does it make sense to put a UUID to another index
> as the "contents" and then perform another lookup once after retrieving the
> intersection result? I've been looking all over the place for good examples
> of this schema so I admit that I could be missing some key things in my
> understanding while reading through the source code.
>
> Also, AND queries are nice to do on server side, but I need the ability to
> perform AND and OR queries in concert with one another. For example, let's
> say I want to find everyone who's name is Paul or who's name is Gary or
> who's name is Lee who has Brown hair? That would mean I need to look up
> everything where (name=Paul | name=Gary | name=Lee) & hairColor=Brown. Do I
> need to extend the IntersectingIterator or the IndexedDocIterator and
> making my own that will allow full query criteria as input?
>

> --
> Corey Nolet
> Senior Software Engineer
> TexelTek, inc.