Pig >> mail # dev >> Move pig project from svn to git repository

Move pig project from svn to git repository
Hi pig developers,
I personally prefer git over svn, so I'm using the git mirrors that Apache provides. As those mirrors do not seem entirely reliable I was wondering whether there are other pig developers that also prefer git over svn as myself. Apache Infrastructure Team is supporting projects that are primarily working with git, so my question is - would pig developer community be interested in migrating the repository from svn to git?

I've recently participated in three projects that done this change, namely Sqoop, Flume and MRunit, and it's not a big deal. The process is rather simple, just it take some time as most of the job is done by Infrastructure team. I would be more than happy to help or even drive the process in case that this change would be desirable by community.

Jarcec