Hadoop >> mail # user >> mapred.map.tasks vs mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum

Re: mapred.map.tasks vs mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
Hi Mohit

" mapred.tasktracker.reduce(map).tasks.maximum " means how many reduce(map)
slot(s) you can have on each tasktracker.

"mapred.job.reduce(maps)" means default number of reduce (map) tasks your
job will has.

To set the number of mappers in your application. You can write like this:

*configuration.setNumMapTasks(the number you want);*

Chen

Actually, you can just use configuration.set()