Hive >> mail # dev >> Hive common join Vs. JoinLineage

Hive common join Vs. JoinLineage
Hello,

As far as I know, a join operation can be converted to a common join at the
physical optimization stage, if the correspondent variable is set to true .
If not, join will be performed by JoinLineage, am I right? What is exactly
the difference between these two approaches?

I appreciate your help in advance.
Mahsa