HBase >> mail # user >> reduce influence of auto-splitting region

RE: reduce influence of auto-splitting region
Hi JingWang

It is not necessary that region split can cause GC problems.  Based on your
use case we may need to configure heapspace for the RS.
Coming back to region splits, presplit of the tables created is a good
option.
Assume a case where I know that the data that is going to come into hbase is
on a hourly basis.  Then one option could be presplit your table based on
the hours and assign the regions in roundrobin fashion to every RS.
This will ensure that any particular hours data will go into one region
specified for that hour only.  So after that hour is over the data will be
moving over to another region server.
But here again every hour can be split equally into the different RS like 5
or 10 regions with in an hour.
These are some ways, but should be chosen as per the data that your cluster
will be operating upon.

Regards
Ram