Pig, mail # dev - Is there any reason why the private instance methods of BinInterSedes shouldn't be made protected static?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-04-06, 06:48
Re: Is there any reason why the private instance methods of BinInterSedes shouldn't be made protected static?
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-04-06, 09:11
Well, those methods are really specific to the serialization format defined
by BinInterSedes.
How do you envision those methods to be used by other classes without using
the public ones?
Which classes are you thinking about?

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 08:48, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The vast majority don't use any state, and could be potentially useful to
> other classes that want to do serialization.
>
> I guess the other way to take it is that the logic of those classes should
> be put into BinInterSedes, but this isn't always reasonable or desirable.
>
> Thoughts? Any pitfalls I am missing?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-04-06, 16:29
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2012-04-06, 16:42
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-04-06, 18:36