HBase >> mail # dev >> All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-04-24, 19:53
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 05:45
+
Stack 2013-04-25, 05:55
Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
Do we have a list of current shortcomings with it? I would assume there are open JIRAs I could tackle?

Lars

On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:55, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Lars George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I am -1 to remove, took a long time to get it in there and should
>> deprecate Thrift v1 - or else we are in the same mess as mapred and
>> mapreduce is. We once replaced the entire client API and now we can't do
>> this for Thrift?
>>
>> I am happy to work on v2 and fix or maintain it. It should be the way
>> forward methinks.
>
> I can leave it there and make the call later before we cut a 0.96.  If
> thrift2 comes back to life in the meantime, well and good.
> Thanks Lars,
> St.Ack
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:10