Accumulo >> mail # user >> How to efficiently find lexicographically adjacent records?

Re: How to efficiently find lexicographically adjacent records?
For the m entries following k, just start a scan at k and read m entries.
(Be sure to set the batch size on the scanner.) The m entries before k is
harder, unless your keys are very predictable. You might want a separate
reverse-ordered index of the keys. To get the reverse order you'll have to
flip the bits of the keys manually, before you insert and query and on the
results you get back.

Billie

On Aug 7, 2013 5:32 PM, "Jeff Kubina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have records <key; value> in an Accumulo table where the key is about a
50 long byte string. Given a new key k, I want to find the m records that
would precede and succeed the record <k;v> if it were inserted into the
table. Any ideas on how I can do this efficiently? The record <k;v> will
eventually be inserted into the table.