Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hive >> mail # dev >> Why aren't both HCatalog tests being updated?


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Why aren't both HCatalog tests being updated?
Not to dig up an old debate, but this was a reason I was not a fan of
supporting 2x copies of tests. Code ownership post commit is a rather
tricky problem in this project.
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Eugene Koifman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I don't have a good answer for this
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Agreed, but notice that the changes I reference are fixes for tests.
> > Why wouldn't they be replicated?
> >
> > Example:
> >
> >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/core/src/test/java/org/apache/hive/hcatalog/mapreduce/TestHCatPartitionPublish.java#L160
> >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/core/src/test/java/org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/TestHCatPartitionPublish.java#L153
> >
> > Example:
> >
> >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/webhcat/java-client/src/test/java/org/apache/hive/hcatalog/api/TestHCatClient.java#L122
> >
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/webhcat/java-client/src/test/java/org/apache/hcatalog/api/TestHCatClient.java#L125
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Eugene Koifman
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > As a general rule, everything in org.apache.hcatalog is deprecated and
> > > frozen at 0.11 version.  All new features/bug fixes should be made in
> > > org.apache.hive.hcatalog.
> > >
> > >
> > > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> I've noticed a number of cases where one HCatalog test is modified but
> > >> the deprecated "pair" is not. Are we just forgetting or is this on
> > >> purpose?
> > >>
> > >> Example:
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/core/src/test/java/org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/TestHCatPartitionPublish.java#L153
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/core/src/test/java/org/apache/hcatalog/mapreduce/TestHCatPartitionPublish.java#L153
> > >>
> > >> Example:
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/webhcat/java-client/src/test/java/org/apache/hive/hcatalog/api/TestHCatClient.java#L122
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/hcatalog/webhcat/java-client/src/test/java/org/apache/hcatalog/api/TestHCatClient.java#L125
> > >>
> > >> Brock
> > >>
> > >
> > > --
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > > NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or
> entity
> > to
> > > which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> > > privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
> reader
> > > of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> > that
> > > any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> > > forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> > > received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> > immediately
> > > and delete it from your system. Thank You.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce - http://mrunit.apache.org
> >
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>