MapReduce >> mail # user >> How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task

Re: How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task
Thanks - that works perfectly

The following code reports the version as a counter under "Performance"
       // sneaky trick to extract the version
        String version = VersionInfo.getVersion();
        context.getCounter("Performance",  "Version-" + version
).increment(1);

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE