Pig, mail # user - hive queries from pig

+
Stan Rosenberg 2011-11-14, 15:44
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-11-14, 20:08
Re: hive queries from pig
Stan Rosenberg 2011-11-14, 21:03
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Dmitriy Ryaboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My lack of imagination is showing -- can you explain what you mean by
> integrating hive queries with pig,

For example, we implemented a storage function which creates path
partitioning based on a given sequence of columns; the output is
stored in a temporary hdfs location.  Subsequent to the pig 'store'
command we'd like to execute the hive 'load' command.

> and what the problems with hcatalog are?

One of them is the version requirement.

> For thrift, you might want to check jruby integration
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2317)

Thanks, but we'd like to limit the language choices to either java or
python.  Btw, is there some plan to have a shell-execute command in
pig? E.g., fs -exec "java Foo"
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-11-14, 22:30
+