Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Getting started

Getting started
Hi all,

My name is John. I have software engineering experience in a production
environment and would like to get started working on hadoop.

I have been told by a seasoned engineer that it takes about 6 months of
full-time before anybody should be making un-mentored changes to a new
project.

That in mind, can anybody hold my hand for a few commits to get me rolling?

Thanks,
John Chilton