Hive, mail # user - unbalanced transaction calls

+
James Warren 2013-02-05, 20:21
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2013-02-22, 05:46
+
Navis류승우 2013-02-22, 08:01
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2013-02-22, 12:45
Re: unbalanced transaction calls
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-02-22, 21:55
If we can enable access logs on the meta store and figure out the last query before the one that failed, it should be easy to track it.

I did find a couple of unbalanced calls in code. Will look more carefully and file a ticket.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:45 AM, Hemanth Yamijala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This error is coming when we are running a CREATE TABLE script. Where are you suggesting we make these changes ?
>

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Navis류승우 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you try to make transaction related methods synchronized?
>
> It's openTransaction/commitTransaction/isActiveTransaction/rollbackTransaction
> on ObjectStore.java
>
> 2013/2/22 Hemanth Yamijala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are running into the same problem as well. Is there any clue what could
> > be wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > hemanth
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM, James Warren
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> As part of our daily workflow, we're running a few hundred hive
> >> queries that are coordinated through oozie.  Recently we're
> >> encountering issues where on average a job or two fails - and never
> >> the same query.  The observed error is:
> >>
> >> FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> >> commitTransaction was called but openTransactionCalls = 0. This
> >> probably indicates that there are unbalanced calls to
> >> openTransaction/commitTransaction
> >>
> >> which I've seen was referred to in HIVE-1760 but patched in 0.7.
> >>
> >> We're running Hive 0.9 (from CDH 4.1 - will redirect to the Cloudera
> >> lists if that is a more appropriate form) - any ideas / suggestions
> >> where I should start looking?
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> -James

+