Hive >> mail # user >> unbalanced transaction calls

+
James Warren 2013-02-05, 20:21
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2013-02-22, 05:46
+
Navis류승우 2013-02-22, 08:01
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2013-02-22, 12:45
Re: unbalanced transaction calls
If we can enable access logs on the meta store and figure out the last query before the one that failed, it should be easy to track it.

I did find a couple of unbalanced calls in code. Will look more carefully and file a ticket.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:45 AM, Hemanth Yamijala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This error is coming when we are running a CREATE TABLE script. Where are you suggesting we make these changes ?
>

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Navis류승우 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you try to make transaction related methods synchronized?
>
> It's openTransaction/commitTransaction/isActiveTransaction/rollbackTransaction
> on ObjectStore.java
>
> 2013/2/22 Hemanth Yamijala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are running into the same problem as well. Is there any clue what could
> > be wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > hemanth
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM, James Warren
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> As part of our daily workflow, we're running a few hundred hive
> >> queries that are coordinated through oozie.  Recently we're
> >> encountering issues where on average a job or two fails - and never
> >> the same query.  The observed error is:
> >>
> >> FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> >> commitTransaction was called but openTransactionCalls = 0. This
> >> probably indicates that there are unbalanced calls to
> >> openTransaction/commitTransaction
> >>
> >> which I've seen was referred to in HIVE-1760 but patched in 0.7.
> >>
> >> We're running Hive 0.9 (from CDH 4.1 - will redirect to the Cloudera
> >> lists if that is a more appropriate form) - any ideas / suggestions
> >> where I should start looking?
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> -James

+