Kafka, mail # user - Question about resetting offsets and the high-level consumer

Question about resetting offsets and the high-level consumer
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 13:04
We have a topic whose consumers, on startup, only need to consume from the
head of the topic. They don't need to consume old messages they may have
missed.

We would like to use the high-level consumer, as the API is a bit simpler.

Is there a way to reset the current offsets for the high-level consumer?

We've though about deleting the consumer group nodes in ZK manually, but
that seems brittle as those locations may change from release to release.

Is there this level of control somewhere I've missed?

Thanks
- Bob