Pig, mail # dev - Pig developer meeting in February

+
Olga Natkovich 2011-01-24, 18:14
Re: Pig developer meeting in February
Julien Le Dem 2011-01-26, 22:41
If making Pig Thread safe (i.e.: two threads running a different pig script) is important then we need to change some of the APIs from static singleton access to a dependency injection pattern.
In that case, this should probably be done before 1.0
For example: UDFContext should be passed to the UDF after construction (similar to the SevrletContext in Servlet or the way Hadoop passes the context to tasks)
Also a clearly separated API that does not depend on the Pig implementation would help.
For example UDFContext is in org.apache.pig.impl.util when it would be better in org.apache.pig.api (Or at least an interface defining it)

Julien