Flume >> mail # dev >> Log42 embedded Flume agent fails to rollback (log4j2-278)

Log42 embedded Flume agent fails to rollback (log4j2-278)
Hi all,
I have discovered a defect in the way the Log4j2 embedded Flume agent
works. As it is an interaction between the two code bases I am taking the
liberty of making both teams aware of it by cross-posting to both dev lists.

The summary is that, during a rollback, Flume's
org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log calls the logging subsystem at line 566.
This recursive call causes problems. There are other places where logging
is called which cause similar problems.

Details: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-278

Cheers,
Edward