Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?
+1 on graduating .205 as 1.0. It is a very mature and widely used
version of Hadoop and really has a significant bang for a buck!

It seems that making 0.22 to be 2.0 has a lot of sense because its coming
release carries a number of significant changes qualifying it to be a major
release. .23 seems to be a good candidate for 3.0 for exactly the same reasons
with MR2 framework and all.

Seems like a great time for the move!
  Cos