HBase >> mail # user >> Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time

Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time
Dear all,

I got a weird problem when programming on the pseudo-distributed mode of
HBase/Hadoop.

The HBase/Hadoop were installed correctly. It also ran well with my Java
code.

However, if after shutting down the server for some time, for example, four
or five days, I noticed that HBase/Hadoop got a problem. I got an ERROR
when typing "status" in the shell of HBase.

    ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7
times

Such a problem had happened for three times in the three weeks.

The HBase/Hadoop are installed on Ubuntu 10.

Have you encountered such a problem? How to solve it?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing