HBase >> mail # user >> HBase shell split command acts incorrectly with hex split keys.

Re: HBase shell split command acts incorrectly with hex split keys.
Try single quotes.  The shell (ruby) may be trying to 'help you' by
interpreting your hex.

hbase(main):018:0> print "\x20\n"

hbase(main):019:0> print '\x20\n'
\x20\nhbase(main):020:0>

See how w/ double quotes it prints space and new line where when I
single-quote it, it prints out the literal?

At the end of the shell help it says:

"If you are using binary keys or values and need to enter them in the
shell, use
double-quote'd hexadecimal representation. For example:

  hbase> get 't1', "key\x03\x3f\xcd"
  hbase> get 't1', "key\003\023\011"
  hbase> put 't1', "test\xef\xff", 'f1:', "\x01\x33\x40"
..."

Looks like we need to add a line which says if you are using hex, to avoid
ruby's interpreting your intent, single-quote.

St.Ack