Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-02, 18:20

On Nov 29, 2012, at 6:26 PM, Matt Foley wrote:

> Hello again.  Crossed in the mail.
>
> * What kind of tasks you envision Python scripts will enable that are
>> not possible today?
>

> The point isn't to open brave new worlds.  The point is to avoid the
> nightmare of having to maintain multiple "parallel" scripts doing the SAME
> THING in multiple scripting languages.

+1, +1, +1

Couldn't agree more, I don't want to be in the business of having the same logic in multiple platform-specific scripts - doesn't make any sense.

Arun