HBase >> mail # user >> adding column family to hbase table

Re: adding column family to hbase table
Mike,

  I have not messed around with the online schema changes too much.  It is
still experimental, but I think you are looking for:

hbase.online.schema.update.enable

Set true to enable online schema changes. This is an experimental feature.
There are known issues modifying table schemas at the same time a region
split is happening so your table needs to be quiescent or else you have to
be running with splits disabled.

Default: false

--
Kevin O'Dell