Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

+
Andrew Wang 2013-09-17, 13:51
+
Vinayakumar B 2013-09-18, 06:48
+
Andrew Wang 2013-09-23, 18:42
YARN-1089, which reforms CPU as a resource, is an incompatible change that
will need to go into 2.2.0.  Should it go into 2.1.1-beta as well?
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Andrew Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We still need to resolve some symlink issues; are we planning to spin a new
> RC? Leaving it as-is is not a good option.
>

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.1-beta that I
> > would like to get
> > > released - this release fixes a number of bugs on top of
> > hadoop-2.1.0-beta as a result of significant amounts of testing.
> > >
> > > If things go well, this might be the last of the *beta* releases of
> > hadoop-2.x.
> > >
> > > The RC is available at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> > > The RC tag in svn is here:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> > >
> > > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> > >
> > > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7
> days.
> >
> > Short of HDFS-5225 from the Bigtop perspective this RC gets a +1.
> >
> > All tests passed in both secure and unsecure modes in 4 nodes
> > pseudo distributed cluster with all the members of Hadoop
> > ecosystem running smoke tests.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roman.

+