Hadoop >> mail # general >> Apache Hadoop Hackathons: 5/11 and 5/18 in SF and Palo Alto

+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2011-05-06, 19:03
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-05-07, 00:46
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2011-05-07, 00:55
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-05-07, 03:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-07, 04:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-05-07, 06:19
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-05-08, 17:53
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-05-08, 18:43
Re: Apache Hadoop Hackathons: 5/11 and 5/18 in SF and Palo Alto
Hey,

We've got 23 folks signed up for the Hackathon this Wednesday from
organizations like Cloudera, Facebook, Twitter, AOL, Trend Micro,
StumbleUpon, and Ngmoco. We'll also have the VP of the HBase PMC, Michael
Stack, and the VP of the Hive PMC, John Sichi. If you've been waiting to get
involved in Apache Hadoop, development, now is the time!

We've got room for 10 - 15 more. If you're in San Francisco or Palo Alto and
want to help out with Apache Hadoop development, sign up at
http://hadoophackathon.eventbrite.com.

Regards,
Jeff

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The discussion this week about the 0.20.203.0 release has done a great job
> of highlighting some issues in our development process; it's also done a
> great job of lifting our mailing list activity metrics. After reading
> through the various threads, it's clear that everyone agrees on two things:
>
> 1) We'd like to get the work done in the 0.20.x branches into trunk
> 2) We'd like to start releasing off of trunk again
>
> To that end, a few folks from Yahoo!, Cloudera, StumbleUpon, and Facebook
> would like to put together a series of Hackathons to 1) burn down the 13
> (only 13!) remaining blockers for the 0.22 release and 2) forward-port the
> work done in the 0.20.x branches into trunk.
>
> Cloudera will be hosting Hackathons from 10 am to 6 pm in both our Palo
> Alto and San Francisco offices next Wednesday, 5/11, and the following
> Wednesday, 5/18, to ensure both of these tasks get completed in short order.
> PMC members Todd Lipcon and Tom White will lead the SF group and PMC members
> Eli Collins and Patrick Hunt will lead the Palo Alto group.
>
> Whether you're a long-time contributor or don't have a patch to your name,
> now is a great time to get involved in Apache Hadoop development. Forward
> porting patches is a lot easier than writing them from scratch, and you'll
> have mentors present to help guide you through the patch testing and
> submission process.
>
> To sign up for the 5/11 Hackathon in either SF or PA, head over to
> http://hadoophackathon.eventbrite.com.
>
> As a reminder, the SF HUG will be held on 5/11 at 6 pm in the Cloudera SF
> offices: http://www.meetup.com/hadoopsf/events/17354462/. If you can't
> make it on 5/11, we'll send out a link next week for the 5/18 event.
>
> Looking forward to getting the release train moving again!
>
> Regards,
> Jeff
>
> p.s. if you'd like to participate remotely, email me directly and I'll see
> about how we can teleconference you into the event.

+
Arun C Murthy 2011-05-11, 00:57
+
Tom White 2011-05-11, 03:34