HDFS >> mail # user >> Basic question on HDFS - MR

+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-10-18, 11:03
Re: Basic question on HDFS - MR
Hi Stuti
        You don't need anything manually to do the distribution of your jar
across Task Trackers(DN). You place your jar in some dir in LFS specify your
jar path in the hadoop jar command then hadoop internally copies the jar to
all the required task trackers. Also you can place the jar in any location
job tracker would distribute it across TT.

Hope it helps

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Stuti Awasthi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> I have a very basic question on MR jobs. Suppose I have a cluster 3 nodes
> out of which 1 NN and 3 DN.****
>
> I wanted to run an MR job so I placed the jar on 1 of the cluster machine
> and executed, it runs fine.****
>
> Now my question is do I need to copy my MR job to every DN for distributed
> processing?****
>
> Or****
>
> Placing MR jar on any of the machine does not make any difference , MR job
> will run in distributed fashion.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks****
>
> Stuti****
>
> ------------------------------
> ::DISCLAIMER::

> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
> the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail
> is strictly prohibited. If you have
> immediately. Before opening any mail and

Stuti Awasthi 2011-10-18, 11:26
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-10-18, 11:20