HBase >> mail # dev >> 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines

Re: 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines
Just a reference of some of the recent efforts that went in:
    HBASE-7432 TestHBaseFsck prevents testsuite from finishing
    HBASE-7431 TestSplitTransactionOnCluster tests still flaky
    HBASE-7417 Test patch, hopefully fixes TestReplication
    HBASE-7421 TestHFileCleaner->testHFileCleaning has an aggressive timeout
    HBASE-7398 [0.94 UNIT TESTS] TestAssignmentManager fails frequently on
CentOS 5
    HBASE-7338 Fix flaky condition for
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestRegionRebalancing.testRebalanceOnRegionServerNumberChange
    HBASE-6175 TestFSUtils flaky on hdfs getFileStatus method
    HBASE-7343 Fix flaky condition for TestDrainingServer (Himanshu)
    HBASE-7301 Force ipv4 for unit tests
    HBASE-7300  HbckTestingUtil needs to keep a static executor to lower
the number of threads used
    HBASE-6206 Large tests fail with jdk1.7
    HBASE-7252 TestSizeBasedThrottler fails occasionally
    HBASE-7235 TestMasterObserver is flaky
    HBASE-7172 TestSplitLogManager.testVanishingTaskZNode() fails when run
individually and is flaky
    HBASE-7177 TestZooKeeperScanPolicyObserver.testScanPolicyObserver is
flaky
    HBASE-7166 TestSplitTransactionOnCluster tests are flaky
    HBASE-7165 TestSplitLogManager.testUnassignedTimeout is flaky
    HBASE-5984 TestLogRolling.testLogRollOnPipelineRestart failed with
HADOOP 2.0.0
    HBASE-7142 TestSplitLogManager#testDeadWorker may fail because of hard
limit on the TimeoutMonitor's timeout period (Himanshu)
    HBASE-7143 TestMetaMigrationRemovingHTD fails when used with Hadoop
0.23/2.x (Andrey Klochlov)
    HBASE-6958 TestAssignmentManager sometimes fails
    HBASE-6305 TestLocalHBaseCluster hangs with hadoop 2.0/0.23 builds.
(Himanshu)
    HBASE-6796 ADDENDUM, remove spurious time limit from testHFileCleaning
    HBASE-6852, REVERT again, due to unexplained test failures that only
occur on the jenkins machines
    HBASE-7077 ADDENDUM, add TestCategory
    HBASE-6733 TestReplication.queueFailover occasionally fails [Part-2]
    HBASE-6906 TestHBaseFsck#testQuarantine* tests are flakey due to
TestNotEnabledException
    HBASE-6784 TestCoprocessorScanPolicy is sometimes flaky when run locally
    HBASE-6714 TestMultiSlaveReplication#testMultiSlaveReplication may fail
    HBASE-6715 TestFromClientSide.testCacheOnWriteEvictOnClose is flaky
Please keep these in mind, when you are writing a new test.