From: jamal sasha [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 4:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Binary Search in map reduce

Hi
 Thanks for the reply. So here is the intent.
I process some data and output of that processing is this set of json documents outputting {key:[values]}  (This is essentially a form of graph where each entry is an edge)
Now.. I process a different set of data and the idea is to modify the existing document based on this new data.
If the key is present then add/modify values.
Else... create new key:[values] json object and save.

So, the first step is checking whether the key is present or not..
So thats why I thought of doing the binary search.
Any suggestions?