HBase, mail # user - more regionservers does not improve performance

Re: more regionservers does not improve performance
Jonathan Bishop 2012-10-13, 15:58
Suraj,

I bumped my regionservers all the way up to 32g from 8g. They are running
on 64g and 128g machines on our cluster. Unfortunately, the machines all
have various states of loading (usually high) from other users.

In ganglia I do not see any swapping, but that has been known to happen
from time to time.

Thanks for your help - I'll take a look at your links.

Jon