Kafka, mail # user - Question about resetting offsets and the high-level consumer

+
Bob Cotton 2012-11-09, 13:04
Re: Question about resetting offsets and the high-level consumer
Jun Rao 2012-11-09, 15:30
Bob,

The high level consumer doesn't support resetting the starting offset right
now. We will look into that post 0.8 as part of the consumer redesign.

Thanks,

Jun
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Bob Cotton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have a topic whose consumers, on startup, only need to consume from the
> head of the topic. They don't need to consume old messages they may have
> missed.
>
> We would like to use the high-level consumer, as the API is a bit simpler.
>
> Is there a way to reset the current offsets for the high-level consumer?
>
> We've though about deleting the consumer group nodes in ZK manually, but
> that seems brittle as those locations may change from release to release.
>
> Is there this level of control somewhere I've missed?
>
> Thanks
> - Bob

+
Michal Haris 2012-11-10, 11:40