MapReduce >> mail # user >> JobClient using deprecated JobConf

+
Martin Becker 2010-09-22, 09:37
+
Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu 2010-09-22, 09:43
Re: JobClient using deprecated JobConf
Note that JobClient, along with the rest of the "old" API in
org.apache.hadoop.mapred, has been undeprecated in Hadoop 0.21.0 so
you can continue to use it without warnings.

Tom

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In 0.21, JobClient methods are available in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
> and org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster classes.
>
> On 9/22/10 3:07 PM, "Martin Becker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
> I am using the Hadoop MapReduce version 0.20.2 and soon 0.21.
> I wanted to use the JobClient class to circumvent the use of the command
> line interface.
> I am noticed that JobClient still uses the deprecated JobConf class for
> jib submissions.
> Are there any alternatives to JobClient not using the deprecated JobConf
> class?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Martin

+