Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Which branch for my patch?

Re: Which branch for my patch?
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 18:51, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for contributing.  The nest place to contribute new features is
>> to trunk. It's currently an easy merge from trunk to branch 23 to get
>> it in a 23.x release (you can set the jira's target version to 23.1 to
>> indicate this).

I've just uploaded the new patch created against the trunk and set the
target for 0.23.1 as you indicated.

Jenkins has just completed.
Although it passed everything else it was '-1' because of 9 javadoc
warnings that do not seem related to my patch.

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HADOOP-Build/432/artifact/trunk/hadoop-common-project/patchprocess/patchJavadocWarnings.txt

Your patch based on the old structure would be useful for backporting
>> this feature from trunk to a release with the old structure (eg 1.x,
>> 0.22). To request inclusion in a 1.x release set the target version to
>> 1.1.0 (and generate a patch against branch-1). To request inclusion in
>> 0.22 set target version to 0.22.0 (and generate a patch against
>> branch-0.22).

Do I simply make separate Jira (related) issues for these backports?

Niels Basjes