HBase >> mail # user >> Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-18, 09:57
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-18, 10:49
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-18, 10:49
Re: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
i) Yes, or, at least, of often yes.
II) You're right. It's difficult to guess how much it would improve the
performances (there is a lot of caching effect), but using a single scan
could be an interesting optimisation imho.

Nicolas
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to batched get(s) on a cluster. Here is the code:
>
> List<Get> gets = ...
> // Prepare my gets with the rows i need
> myHTable.get(gets);
>
> I have two questions about the above scenario:
> i) Is this the most optimal way to do this ?
> ii) I have a feeling that if there are multiple gets in this case, on the
> same region, then each one of those shall instantiate separate scan(s) over
> the region even though a single scan is sufficient. Am I mistaken here ?
>
> Thanks
> Varun

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-18, 11:07