HBase >> mail # user >> region size

I think the answer to this is "no", but I am hoping someone with more experience can confirm this… we are on hbase 0.90.4 (from cdh3u2). Some of our storefiles have grown into the 3-4GB range (we have 100GB max region size). Ignoring compactions, do large storefiles like this have a negative impact on random reads? We only recently started doing a large number of random gets so I have no history to go on in terms of correlating storefile size with lackluster performance for random reads.

Thanks,
Paul