HBase >> mail # user >> Increment Counters in HBase during MapReduce

+
Sid Kumar 2012-06-19, 00:49
+
Michael Segel 2012-06-19, 12:45
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-06-19, 16:55
+
Sid Kumar 2012-06-20, 02:41
+
Amandeep Khurana 2012-06-20, 02:51
+
David Koch 2012-06-24, 21:15
Re: Increment Counters in HBase during MapReduce
There are a couple of issues and I'm sure others will point them out.

If you turn off speculative execution on the job, you don't get duplicate tasks running in parallel.
You could create a table to store your aggregations on a per job basis where your row-id could incorporate your job-id.
Then at the end of the job. If you didn't have any task failures or speculative execution jobs, you could count on your aggregations to be correct.
If you had a task fail or killed (a simple test if for some reason a job ran with speculative execution) you could discard that row's data.