From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 1:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SQOOP 1.3.0 questions using SQL Server

Hi Artem,
Sqoop 1.3.0 is very old release, so I would definitely recommend to upgrade to latest 1.4.2. Please note that this release include SQOOP-480[1] that fixes some issues for connectors compiled against 1.3 in 1.4. Sqoop is simple command line utility so you might try to download release into some temporary folder and verify that everything is working prior upgrading Sqoop system wise.

Specifically to your questions

1) --incremental
Usually Sqoop will print out error message first followed by help page, so I would advise checking few initial lines to see what exactly is wrong.

2) --compress
Please try to reproduce this issue on 1.4.2 and file jira if you'll be able to reproduce it.

3) --as-avrodatafile
Based on [2] SQL type -9 corresponds to data type NVARCHAR. We've added support for NVARCHAR in SQOOP-323 [3] that is part of Sqoop since version 1.4.0-incubating - e.g. 1.3.0 version do not support NVARCHAR type out of the box.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-480
2: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/constant-values.html#java.sql.Types.DECIMAL