Chukwa, mail # dev - Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2013 ([ppmc])
Eric Yang 2013-01-03, 04:56
While the discussion has settled for Chukwa to continue, we should discuss
among the community on our plan for 2013 to move toward graduation.  Here
is a list of items that have been identified to be considered to include in
the report:

- Add a new policy page for how to contribute to Chukwa.  I drafted a copy
base on Hadoop contribution guide line at:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_How_To_Contribute

On the development side:
- Primary focus is to collect Hadoop and related technology log files and
metrics
- Add web UI for showing a list of running adaptors
- Add web UI for showing status of data streams written to destination
- Consolidate Agent and Collector features to use Chukwa Agent as the
primary process for data collection
- Replace SequenceFileWriter with WebHDFS support, discuss if changing
sequence file format to avro make sense

Any other points that would be interesting to include in the report?  I am
not sure what else that we should do before graduation.  In Chukwa status
page, we seem to have accomplished all check points.  Alan and I also
discussed about organizing meet up group, but I currently don't have
resource to organize.  Hence, it may be best to skip the meet up group
discussion for now.

regards,
Eric