HDFS, mail # user - DFSClient swallows InterruptedException

+
Zheng Shao 2010-06-15, 21:26
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2010-06-15, 23:25
+
Zheng Shao 2010-06-16, 01:05
Re: DFSClient swallows InterruptedException
Owen O'Malley 2010-06-16, 18:38

On Jun 15, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> I think we should open a JIRA and fix it. Code than runs as part of
> an application should not swallow interrrupted exception.

I'm a big fan of removing the swallowing of interrupted exceptions.
One word of caution however, the catches buried down in RPC are hard
to remove with out breaking things. (In particular, the rpc protocols
don't declare interrupted exception, so if you throw it through one of
the proxy object methods, you'll get bad results.)

-- Owen
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-06-16, 18:45