Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error

+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-02, 17:05
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-02, 17:20
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-03, 04:19
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-03, 14:00
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-03, 16:18
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-03, 17:35
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-04, 08:15
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-04, 17:38
Re: Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-05, 18:42
Mengwei,

Issue is solved. MapReduce configuration file had invalid configuration and
was creating problem.

*File Name:* /etc/hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml
*Parameter Name:* mapred.job.tracker
*Original Value: *neededForHive:999999
*Modified Value: *<machinename>:9001

After this change, this are working fine now. Note that I have followed
suggestions provided by Mengwei in this thread.

Regards,
Madhan

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Mengwei Ding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Ok, Madhan, why not.
>
> Could you kindly provide you availabilities of time and communication
> tools. I will be more than happy to help you out with this.
>
> Best,
> Mengwei
>

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Madhanmohan Savadamuthu <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> After doing changes in catalina.properties also, same issue is coming.
>>
>> is there any possibility for interactive discussion on this issue?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Madhan
>>
>>  On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Mengwei Ding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for your prompt response, sir. Please don't worry, I can help
>>> you out with this until your problem is done.
>>>
>>> Well, let's try out our new method of adding dependency jar files, and
>>> forget about the addtowar.sh script.
>>>
>>> Please following these instructions:
>>>
>>>  "
>>> Installing Dependencies
>>>
>>> Hadoop libraries must be available on node where you are planning to run
>>> Sqoop server with proper configuration for major services - NameNode and
>>> either JobTracker or ResourceManager depending whether you are running
>>> Hadoop 1 or 2. There is no need to run any Hadoop service on the same node
>>> as Sqoop server, just the libraries and configuration must be available.
>>>
>>> Path to Hadoop libraries is stored in file catalina.properties inside
>>> directory server/conf. You need to change property called common.loader to
>>> contain all directories with your Hadoop libraries. The default expected
>>> locations are /usr/lib/hadoop and /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/. Please check out
>>> the comments in the file for further description how to configure different
>>> locations.
>>>
>>> Lastly you might need to install JDBC drivers that are not bundled with
>>> Sqoop because of incompatible licenses. You can add any arbitrary Java jar
>>> file to Sqoop server by copying it into lib/ directory. You can create this
>>> directory if it do not exists already.
>>> "
>>>
>>> I can give you my configuration as an example. So in my
>>> catalina.properties file, I have the following line:
>>>
>>> *
>>> common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar,/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar,/home/mengweid/Downloads/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
>>> *
>>>
>>> The */usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar *is used to include all
>>> hadoop-related jars, and *mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar *is used
>>> for JDBC driver.
>>>
>>> Please try this, and let me know whether it works. Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Mengwei

Thanks and Regards,
Madhanmohan S
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-05, 19:04
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-09, 13:56
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-09, 15:16
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-09, 15:54
+
Mengwei Ding 2013-07-12, 00:53
+
Madhanmohan Savadamuthu 2013-07-16, 17:13
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-16, 17:51
+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-07-02, 17:23