Accumulo, mail # user - Thrift API

+
Brandon Wilson 2013-04-29, 20:20
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-29, 20:22
+
Brandon Wilson 2013-04-30, 18:32
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-30, 18:37
+
Brandon Wilson 2013-05-06, 17:44
Re: Thrift API
Keith Turner 2013-05-06, 19:03
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Brandon Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Thanks for the help. With your help I've dug in and figured out how to
> interact with Accumulo using the Thrift API from the client side.
>
> I have one more followup relating to all this metrics and thrift subject
> matter and it involves the server side of maintaining the maetrics. It is
> my understanding that the Master is maintaining a set of stats about the
> system and we get our hands on them using a Thrift call that sends back an
> instance of MasterMonitorInfo (I assume this would be the logic behind each
> point on the Monitor web page - with a few lines of aggregation code to get
> the big picture). From there we have our hands on the per tablet or per
> table metrics. What I need to understand is how and how often these are
> computed or reset. For example:
>
> 1) IndexCacheHits - Is this monotonic? i.e., never reset, simply
> accumulating from process startup. Is there essentially a callback to
> update the stats on every cache lookup? Is this reset after each time
> window?
>
> yes, I think it just counts up from process startup time and is never reset
> 2) IngestRate - Eric said that this is a decaying average like JMX. Does
> this mean that time is broken into discrete blocks and the bytes (or
> entries) ingested over that window are computed and added to the decaying
> average via some sort of callback?

Yes, this one decays.  This is done by the tablet server.

> I hope these make sense. A quick pointer to the classes that maintain the
> server-side of these metrics would be great.

o.a.a.server.tabletserver.TabletServer.ThriftClientHandler.getTabletServerStatus().
o.a.a.server.tabletserver.TabletServer.getStats()
o.a.a.server.master.Master.MasterClientServiceHandler.getMasterStats()