Hadoop >> mail # dev >> question about when do resource matching in YARN

+
wei yan @...) 2013-09-20, 14:17
+
Xuan Gong 2013-09-20, 15:56
+
Omkar Joshi 2013-09-20, 19:11
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-09-21, 08:19
Re: question about when do resource matching in YARN
On 21 September 2013 09:19, Sandy Ryza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't believe there is any reason scheduling decisions need to be coupled
> with NodeManager heartbeats.  It doesn't sidestep any race conditions
> because a NodeManager could die immediately after heartbeating.

historically its been done for scale: you don't need the JT reaching out to
4K TT's just to give them work to do, instead let them connect in anyway
and get work that way. And once they start reporting in completion then
they can get given more work. It's very biased towards "worker nodes talk
to the master" over "master approaches workers"

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Harsh J 2013-09-24, 11:12