HDFS, mail # dev - [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-04-22, 16:48
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-04-23, 08:08
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-25, 21:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 17:29
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-26, 23:06
+
Doug Cutting 2011-04-27, 04:43
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-27, 05:26
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:34
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:55
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 17:02
+
Tsz Wo \ 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Devaraj Das 2011-04-27, 17:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-27, 17:41
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:36
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 05:18
+
Hairong 2011-04-27, 17:46
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 04:56
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-28, 13:36
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-28, 18:02
+
Owen OMalley 2011-04-27, 20:53
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 21:44
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-28, 05:12
+
Owen OMalley 2011-04-28, 20:33
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-28, 22:12
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-29, 06:30
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-05-02, 21:44
+
suresh srinivas 2011-05-03, 02:17
+
Sanjay Radia 2011-04-27, 00:26
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-27, 00:59
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-04-27, 04:27
+
Tsz Wo \ 2011-04-27, 05:16
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-04-27, 05:36
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-04-27, 05:40
+
suresh srinivas 2011-04-27, 06:28
Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk
Sanjay Radia 2011-04-27, 14:03

On Apr 26, 2011, at 10:40 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> Oops, the message came out garbled. I meant to say
>
> I assume the outlined changes won't prevent an earlier version of
> HDFS from
> upgrades to the federation version, right?
Yes absolutely. We have tested upgrades .
Besides our ops will throw us out of the window if we even hint that
there isn't an
automatic upgrade for the next release :-)

sanjay

> Thanks in advance,
>  Cos
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 17:59, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Sanjay,
>>
>> I assume the outlined changes won't an earlier version of HDFS from
>> upgrads to the federation version, right?
>>
>> Cos
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 17:26, Sanjay Radia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Changes to the code base
>>>  - The fundamental code change is to extend the notion of block id
>>> to now
>>> include a block pool id.
>>> - The  NN had little change, the protocols did change to include
>>> the block
>>> pool id.
>>> - The DN code did change. Each data structure is now indexed by
>>> the block
>>> pool id -- while this is a code change, it is architecturally very
>>> simple
>>> and low risk.
>>> - We also did a fair amount of cleanup of threads used to send
>>> block reports
>>> - while it was not strictly necessary to do the cleanup we took
>>> the extra
>>> effort to pay the technical debt. As Dhruba recently noted, adding
>>> support
>>> to send block reports to primary and secondary NN for HA will be
>>> now much
>>> easier to do.

+
Eli Collins 2011-04-27, 21:36