Sqoop, mail # user - Java to Sqoop commands

+
Cyril Bogus 2013-03-02, 20:11
Re: Java to Sqoop commands
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-03-02, 20:28
Hi Cyril,
when executing Sqoop from within your Java application, do you have all the jars (connector, JDBC Driver) in the classpath? Also it would be helpful if you could share exactly the error message that you're getting.

Jarcec

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 03:11:40PM -0500, Cyril Bogus wrote:
> So, I am running a java program to import data from a sqlserver using sqoop.
>
> I have the Microsoft SQL - Hadoop connector in the lib and whenever I run
> commands from the command line the import runs fine.
>
> Problem is when my Java is the one trying to run the command then sqoop
> can't find the lib somehow so it does not connect to the DB.
> I try running the exact same query directly in command line and everything
> works fine.
>
> Is there a way where I can define both the driver and connection manager
> through Java as not to worry about it not finding the proper manager for
> import?
>
> Regards
>
> Cyril
+