Chukwa, mail # dev - Incubator report due by July 4th

+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-06-29, 02:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-29, 05:44
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-06-29, 06:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-30, 06:40
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-02, 03:49
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-02, 21:14
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-03, 04:19
+
Eric Yang 2012-07-03, 06:19
Re: Incubator report due by July 4th
Chris Douglas 2012-07-05, 19:50
All this should be mentioned in the report. The PPMC voted to retire
the podling. The report took a different direction and tone, electing
to focus on cause for optimism in gathering new contributors. If
that's true, that's great, but the author of the board report can't
unilaterally reverse a vote. Please either reopen the discussion or
update the report. Mentors can't sign off on it in its current form.
-C

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I talk to Chris in Hadoop summit, and I think there is still chance
> for Chukwa to continue.  It seems like the user base is developing, it
> was advertised by Netflix that they use Chukwa in Hadoop summit talk
> and Chukwa talked about in various presentations.  There are 46 people
> that has Chukwa skill set on linkedin as oppose to 32 from 4 month
> ago.  I think it is showing a steady pace of gaining momentum.
> Perhaps, I think we should give it more time.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Bernd Fondermann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi Alan,
>>>
>>> Report is ready for review.  Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>> The plan of retiring the podling after the next release is not mentioned.
>> Has this plan been changed?
>>
>>  Bernd
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-05, 20:19