HBase >> mail # dev >> Having different codecs between Client and Server

Re: Having different codecs between Client and Server
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently in the RPC client we can configure the codec but the same codec
> would apply to the client and the server.
>
> If we could configure a different codec for the server to client
> communication it could help us in some cases.
>
> For example, if we need to remove the tags from sending it to the client
> then having a new KV Codec on the server side would help to remove the tags
> before sending it to the client for security usecases.
>
> So when we move to Cells later this type of selecting codecs would would
> really be useful.
>
> Am i missing something here? Thoughts on this?

Makes sense.

We don't have vocabulary for doing this currently.

Could the codec itself figure its context and act appropriately?

St.Ack