Hadoop >> mail # user >> changing node's rack

changing node's rack
What is the best way to change the rack of a node?

I have tried the following: Killed the datanode process. Changed the rackmap
file so the node && and ip address entry reflect the new rack and I do a
'-refreshNodes'. Restarted the datanode.  But it seems the datanode is keep
getting register to the old rack.

darren@... 2011-03-26, 21:00
+
Chris Collins 2011-03-26, 21:28