MapReduce >> mail # user >> Misconfiguration of hdfs-site.xml

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-18, 20:28
Re: Misconfiguration of hdfs-site.xml
Given your previous config is
"/home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name}", if the defaults are to go
by, then:

dfs.data.dir presently is /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name}/dfs/data
dfs.name.dir presently is /home/hadoop/haddop_drive/${user.name}/dfs/name

If you are specifying explicit paths, it will need to be the full one
(preferably pre-evaluated for ${user.name}) as above, exactly.

If you wish to move the location somewhere else, you will need to mv
the {data,name} directories elsewhere and re-point down to that path
component again.

--
Harsh J
+