Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4

+
Christopher 2013-05-19, 19:36
Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4
good:
- src tarball matches the SVN tag and contains no unexpected binaries
- all files expected to exist in the maven repo exist (javadoc, sources,
pom, jar for relevant modules, bin and src tarball, rpm and deb)
- files are named in the expected way (way to go christopher!)
- bin tarball contains javadocs, manual pdfs, config.html, jars, and
expected proxy and native map code
- built native maps successfully from bin tarball
- all files have licenses and LICENSE and NOTICE look good

unexpected but not blockers:
- built on Mac via mvn clean compile javadoc:aggregate install -P
apache-release,seal-jars,check-licenses,thrift,native,assemble,docs
  -- rat check fails on the three sample .rf files used for testing in
accumulo-core (not a problem on CentOS)
  -- added these files to the exclude list and successfully replicated the
install in my local maven repo
  -- but the src tarball it generated contains the jnilib file
 - the following entry in docs/config.html of the bin tarball seems
unexpected (I'm not sure we want ctubbsii's user name in the documentation,
but in any case we should probably correct the description that says it
defaults to /tmp when it actually defaults to
/tmp/accumulo-vfs-cache-<username>):
reference to all of the classes loaded in the VM. This should be on local
disk on each node with sufficient space. It defaults to /tmp</td>

didn't test:
running it
sigs and hashes
rpms and debs