Hive, mail # user - Create Table with Line Terminated other than '\n'

+
Shuja Rehman 2010-06-11, 00:39
+
Carl Steinbach 2010-06-11, 01:31
+
Zheng Shao 2010-06-11, 05:22
+
Shuja Rehman 2010-06-11, 08:38
+
Shuja Rehman 2010-06-11, 11:38
+
Ashish Thusoo 2010-06-11, 23:03
+
Namit Jain 2010-06-12, 03:07
+
Shuja Rehman 2010-06-12, 10:33
Re: Create Table with Line Terminated other than '\n'
Amr Awadallah 2010-06-12, 06:23
Zheng, I thought that was fixed per you work here, no?

Then what did you fix?

-- amr

On 6/10/2010 10:22 PM, Zheng Shao wrote:
> Also, changing "LINES TERMINATED BY" probably won't work, because
> hadoop's TextInputFormat does not allow line terminators other than
> "\n".
>
> Zheng
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Carl Steinbach<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Shuja,
>> The grammar for Hive's CREATE TABLE statement is discussed
>> here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/LanguageManual/DDL#Create_Table
>> You need to use the "LINES TERMINATED BY" clause in the CREATE TABLE
>> statement in order to specify a line terminator other than "\n".
>> Carl
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Shuja Rehman<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I want to create a table in hive which should have row formated line
>>> terminated other than '\n'. so i can read xml file as single cell in one row
>>> and column of table.
>>> kindly let me know how to do this?
>>> THanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig
>>> MS CS - School of Science and Engineering
>>> Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
>>> Sector U, DHA, Lahore, 54792, Pakistan
>>> Cell: +92 3214207445

+
Zheng Shao 2010-06-13, 03:24